Monday, June 17, 2013

 
My apologies for it being so long since my last post. Not forgotten that's certain. Had an amazing weekend. No running as I am semi-nursing a calf issue. Not quite sure what the issue is, but had to do something active and not running. Instead I decided to break out the Blue Beast. 

Started in Kenosha, Wisconsin and rode down to Chicago. That was about 60 miles. After shower in hotel, off for a cocktail before dinner at Weber Grill. Celebrated the ride with a nice 18oz. prime! The fact that there was grilled asparagus and white truffle oil, parmesan garlic mashed potatoes was icing on the cake for me. Ended the night at Eno for chocolate/wine paring. Took Saturday and rode the Beast from Kenosha to Racine and back. Nice ride. Celebrated with fried fish. Pretty tasty, but not a steak (well, duh!). Sunday, started with a big breakfast and off to ride from Milwaukee to Racine and back. Celebrated this ride with a footlong Subway sammie, Pringles and strawberry-banana bread covered in ice cream. Felt that I earned it. Now to figure out what to do tomorrow to work that all off....

No comments: